Thursday, 15 March 2012

KONY 2012




After watching Kony 2012 (a 27 minute youtube video) I realised how much I care, love, and can’t live without my family and friends. This short film exposed me to the horrible fact of child soldiers, and the effects it had on African children, if I was to be kidnapped away from my Mother and Father I would cry just as much as Jacob did. I found that the short video was really emotional because it exposed me to the horrors that some unfortunate African families have to deal with on a day to day basis.
Kony is a rebel man who abducts kids away from their parents and makes boys into child soldier and girls into sex slaves. I found this wrong and inappropriate to treat a child or anyone like that; I believe everyone should be treated equally, it doesn’t matter who you are,and everyone’s different and unique in their own way. We should treat people the way we want to be treated. I think joseph kony is a dangerous , violent and pernicious man as he’s the one that created these war crimes and he also ruin 30,000 of children’s lives by making them mutilate people’s faces not just that he also force them to kill their own parents!! :O                                                                                                                                            I was so shocked after hearing all of this. This made me outraged, as soon as I found out about his bad doings; I was so emotional and felt very sad for the poor children that had to go through this, so emotional in fact that I wanted to go to Africa myself and destroy Joseph Kony
 I admire Jason Russell for trying to help the invisible children and making them visible to the world by making such a compelling video that exposed us to the disgusting things that go un heard. I think Jason is a good man because of the fact that he is so passionate about stopping this, and he is doing something about it. Jacob is one of thousands of Ugandan children that get stripped away from their loving. Jacobs’s life seems really complicated because of the many struggles and complications that Joseph Kony has put on his life. Seeing Jacob cry and talking about his life makes me so emotional and want to cry too. He described about his life and how he doesn’t want to live anymore in this world because of the atrocious things that Joseph Kony does to him and other children. His everyday life is so hard because every day he’ll have to walk miles to find a safe place to sleep and make sure no one will hurt him. I found it really sad how he had to see his own brother die in front of him but he couldn’t do anything about it. “My brother tried to escape, and then they killed him using a panga”. I think U.S government should take action and really do something to help and make sure that kony is punished and brought to justice for what he had done for these past years. The important thing is just simple; just stop Kony before more children have to suffer and be killed by his stupid action.
In conclusion I think this is a really complicated situation for northern Uganda. I think it would be great if we could get rid of Joseph Kony. He and his army forces have left a calamitous path of abductions and a mass of murder in their lives for over 20 years, they should be punished for their actions. After watching this movie all I wanted to do was support Jasons’ actions and donate money or buy bracelets and t-shirt or do whatever it is to help and show your support for the Uganda people. This way we can all stop Joseph Kony.

2 comments:

  1. Well written, I like it.

    You have A LOT of home learning to catch up on, which is DUE MONDAY.
    Don't leave it until the last minute - there's too much to do for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good response mey (:
    I love the use of "I" statements throughout the text and you have some very well explained paragraphs to match, you also included a quote.
    Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete